Thursday, July 2, 2009

My responce to Discourse

In class we had to read a college level Article about Discourse.
according to Gee's article, Discourse is how you speak, act and what you believe is right, he sais that there is also secondary Discourse, Dominant and not dominant. in my opinion and what we discussed in class, mostly WASPs control the Dominat Discouse and if you are not part of the Dominant Discourse, it is like if you dont have a say but you do.

The Dominant Discourse determines what you shoud believe, how you should act, what is right and what is wrong in society. if you dont fallow these thing the Dominant Discourse says you are less likely to succed in what you are trying to do, even if it means getting a job.

As for my self i think i would be using the Gamers Discouse and also de Desingners Discouse, because if i want to succed and be accepted in this fields i have to use the the Discouserse they choose is right for them.

4 comments:

  1. I feel similar, I think the Dominant Discourse is the one that causes most conflicts because it is very strict, so yeah I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. WASPs control most of the known world and theres no one there to do anything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that Dominant discourse are what you should believe, how you should act, what is right and what is wrong in society. If you don't do these kind of thing you would have a less chance of being successful in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good points. I'm interested to know more about the gamer-Discourse. Can you tell me more?

    ReplyDelete